Finding the right air conditioner for your home can be a difficult task. You’ll need to consider the size of the room or rooms you want to cool down. You must also evaluate how much you want to spend to cool down your home for the summer.
You may have looked around and seen that there are quite a few different models on the market ranging from cheap to extremely expensive. With so many in your price range, how do you know which is the best air conditioner? Well, it all depends on your needs.
In order to make a quick decision, you should be looking for the best air conditioner for your basement and best portable air conditioner. If that is the case, and you’re like most people, you need information on the best brands. That is why we’ve put together this guide on the best Frigidaire air conditioners in 2019.
Frigidaire is one of the best-known and best-selling brands in the air conditioning industry. Frigidaire is also known for quality and value. So, if you’re looking for an air conditioner and you want the best, we recommend you look at the Frigidaire AC list below.
1. Frigidaire FFRS1022R1 10000 BTU 115-volt Slider/Casement Room Full-Function Remote Control Window Air Conditioner
- Energy efficient
- Heat pump condenser
- 3-in-1 functionality
- 15-ft power cord base unit only
- Only works with external wall thermostats
The Frigidaire FFRS1022R1 is a 10,000 BTU unit that can cool a room up to 215 sq. ft. It has a full-function remote control and variable fan speed. It also offers 3-in-1 functionality and is compatible with external wall thermostats.
The 10,000 BTU air conditioner features an Energy Star rating and has several functions including temperature control, fan control, and fan mode. It also has a white exterior and a top-mounted panel with the controls. There are 8 cool settings and 3 fan-only settings as well as a timer, auto-evaporation, and dual-hose design.
The unit has the ability to be mounted in two orientations and is designed to install in coastal resort areas, as well as homes in the Midwest and East. Air is expelled through the top and sides of the unit through a single air flow direction.
2. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner
* Air Conditioner for a room up to 250 sq. ft.
The Frigidaire FAH5155GC is a great 5,000 BTU mini-window air conditioner for a bedroom or other small to medium size room (up to 250 sq. ft.). It cools the room quickly and quietly, with no noticeable difference from a full-sized AC. It's also Energy Star rated for energy efficiency. The FAH5155GC is a nice-looking unit that blends in fairly well with the inside frame of the window.
3. Frigidaire 10,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Compact Air Conditioner
- A budget-friendly AC
- Easy to install
- It’s compact
- Its design is very sleek
- It’s very quiet
- Even if the power goes out, it’ll stay on during a power outage
- Features a dust filter
- It has a multi-speed fan
- Sleek design
- Has fully extendable panels
4. Frigidaire FGRC1044T1 10000 BTU Cool Connect Smart Window Air Conditioner
- Intelligent air filters
- Easy to install
- Cools a big room
- Energy Star rated
- Can be kept running to maintain temperature
- Stylish design
- Zero evaporation
5. Frigidaire FFRA1222U1 Window-Mounted Air Conditioner
- 2-way air direction
- Removes up to 92% of allergens
- 48 ï¾" window installation
- Excellent value for the price
Reviews claim that this Frigidaire window air conditioner has a high and cool airflow. It's quite simple to set up and cools a room quickly.
It's very quiet and makes an interesting sound while it cools. You should keep your distance from the air flow so you don't get directly hit with the air flow.
The FPRA1222U1 works well and cools off rooms quickly. It's cheaper than other brands but will require a window kit.
6. Frigidaire FFPA0822U1 Portable Air Conditioner
- Equipped with a huge, high-powered, portable air conditioning system—this unit sports an 8,000 BTU blow-cold AC. At 18-inches tall and 14-inches wide, this unit is sure to keep the area around you cool and comfortable. In fact, the unit is ideal for rooms that are up to 350 square feet.
- For the most flexibility possible and to cool off more quickly, this portable air conditioning system comes with three cooling speeds and three fan-only speeds. Whether you want a high-velocity air flow for cooling or just some low-velocity air flow, this device offers it all.
- Thanks to sleep mode, you don’t have to stay up late listening to fan noise as it cools your room.
- Also, you can regulate temperature with the simple touch of a button. You can adjust the temperature anywhere from 68 to 87 degrees to get the ideal level of cooling that works for you.
- If you’re looking for a portable air conditioner that can be moved around on wheels, then this model is perfect for you. This model comes with caster wheels that can be locked in place easily. On top of that, this model can be easily moved by pulling it over to where it’s needed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Frigidaire a good brand for air conditioners?
Frigidaire is one of the leading American home appliance brands and one that competes with the top names in the industry. Of all the AC units in the market, Frigidaire is known to have a high level of quality, and thus, confidence. If you’re looking for an air conditioner, it’s probably a safe bet that Frigidaire will live up to your expectations.
Who makes Frigidaire air conditioners?
Frigidaire air conditioners are manufactured by one of the world’s largest appliance manufacturers. The Frigidaire Corporation is a subsidiary of two major American firms, Electrolux and AB Electrolux. The company has been in business for over a century and is currently based in Cookeville, Tennessee.
How long do Frigidaire air conditioners last?
This is an important question to ask so you can determine what product is better for you – the long-lasting and durable, or the cheaper and more affordable products. Typically, you will find that the more expensive a product is, the longer it will last for.
Here’s a quick review and the expected lifetime of some popular Frigidaire ACs:
Which brand air conditioner is best?
After hours of research on the internet, we gathered all reviews on a leading air conditioner brand we found to be effective and reliable from previous buyers. It is the Frigidaire FRA052T7A Energy Star 5,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Evaporative Air Cooler. The pros of this product are the following:
Has a lot of great consumer reviews.
Is small enough to be placed in smaller areas like offices and dorm rooms.
Has a down-flow technology which means that the colder air is directed down.
The cons are the following:
Has not been found very reliable when used for long on a humid day as it tends to shut off unexpectedly.
To further cement our choice, we found that the features of this Frigidaire AC are comparable to higher priced brands.
This buying guide should help you learn more about what to look for in an air conditioner to make sure that you get the best one for your needs. It can be a little more complicated than buying a new fridge or a washing machine. But if you take the time to educate yourself now, you can avoid potential problems later. Buying an air conditioner can be a stressful task, especially if you're looking for the absolute best one for your situation. But with the information on this site, you'll be able to make an informed decision instead of a bad one.