Space heaters are an affordable, convenient, and safe alternative to under performing central heating systems and large radiators. They can be a lifesaver when the temperature drops or you need to warm yourself up after a day outside.
Space heaters are enormously popular in apartments and houses with drafty windows or old heating systems. They are also a great investment in areas where winters can be harsh. Many people live in areas where the temperature drops below the freezing point.
Space heaters can be a great cost-effective solution if you are living in an area where winters tend to be cold. They make a good alternative to an under-performing central heating system or the large radiators.
Space heaters are an excellent portable solution for quickly heating up your room or home. They are easy to use and safer than traditional radiators.
But they are not always the best option. If you are interested in getting a space heater, you should consider some of the points mentioned in this guide. In addition to helping you make the right choice, this guide will also help you keep your family safe.
|Duraflame 3D Infrared Electric Fireplace Stove||Best Overall|
|Lasko 6405 Designer Oscillating Heater,Gold||Budget Pick|
|Dyna-Glo 30,000 BTU Liquid Propane Infrared Vent Free Wall Heater||Upgrade Pick|
1. Duraflame 3D Infrared Electric Fireplace Stove
- Durable and well-made
- Easy to move as it's lightweight
- No built-in fan
- May get a little hot on the body
If you're not looking to spend over a thousand dollars on a space heater, than this one from Duraflame should be your top pick. Duraflame is actually a large heating company, but this is one of their most popular products. The price is also very reasonable for what you get.
The portable Duraflame stove heats up to 300 square feet of space. The heater features a remote control and timer for convenience. It's also easy to move as it's lightweight.
The Duraflame also has a sleek design that's easy on the eyes. The stove has a safety feature that automatically turns it off if it gets tipped over. The heater is extremely safe to use, much safer than a normal wood-burning fireplace.
2. Lasko 6405 Designer Oscillating Heater,Gold
- Quiet operation, suitable for bedrooms
- Thermostat so you can preset the optimal temperature
- Power settings of 1500W/2000W/3000W/5000W
- Oscillation feature for even heat distribution
- 14-hour timer setting
- Easy to assemble
- Lightweight and portable
- Two heat settings
- Safety shut-off for overheating
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Bit tricky to get it started at first
- Instructions aren’t very clear
3. Cadet Manufacturing White 05532 120-Volt Baseboard Hardwire Electric Zone Heater
- One of the safest space heaters
- Wide range of temperature control
- Sturdy and durable
- Doesn’t use cables
- Wide enough to heat up to 500 sq. ft.
- CSA and ETL listed
This Cadet Manufacturing space heater is a very safe option for you to choose if you want to keep your large room warm. It is powered by a 120V 15Amp AC power and the 8ft long power cord. It has a small weight of 9.3 pounds (including the cord) and a dimension of 16.53 x 8.66 x 3.40 inches. The wattage is 750 and the coverage area is about 800 sq. ft. The maximum temperature is 82 degree and the display is a LED one. It might be the safest space heater for large rooms because it has a overheat protection.
The Cadet space heater is perfect for your baseboard heating. You have to replace the old baseboard or wiring with the new ones. There are five keyholes underneath to make its installation easier. It needs to be mounted to the wall. It has a low profile and can really fit into most of the spaces easily.
The Cadet space heater is really useful if you need your home to be heated at 72 degree. It will perform well even when the temperature goes down.
4. De'Longhi Convection Panel Heater
- Super slim and space-saving
- Good installation instructions that explain how to install the base and the panels, so there aren’t any left over parts
- The panels can be placed in any direction, meaning you can direct the heat to where you’ll need it the most
- Very quiet
- Changes from panel to base by simply pulling the panels out
- The suction cups on the feet of the panel also work great on carpeted surfaces
- On a full tank, the unit warms up a room of up to 250 sq ft
- The two large water tanks have an easy to read and use indicator
- The high, middle and low settings are just what you need, and each operates as expected
- The highest setting can heat the room very quickly, and then the temperature is easily adjustable to keep it the desired temperature
5. De'Longhi Mica Thermic Panel Heater
De Longhi has a mica heater that can be mounted on the wall or placed on the floor. You can choose to have it heat one room or a whole house, from one to 1,500 square feet. It heats up in no time and is very silent due to the very quiet fans. The unit can be controlled with a remote that allows for turning it on and off, setting the desired temperature, and to operate a timer. The thermostat has a fail safe mechanism to protect against over heating. It also has an auto shut off feature.
The heater has two heat settings, high heat and low heat, which can be used to switch between a small area and whole house heating. The small to medium size of this electric heater is excellent for small to medium sized rooms. It requires a grounded 120-volt electrical outlet.
6. Heat Storm HS-1500-IMO Portable Infrared Heater
- The handles provide a firm grip
- Controllable via remote
- Can be used in three different modes
- 15-16 hours of heating on moderate setting
- Ideal for large rooms and garages
- 2 year warranty
- A little complicated to operate
- Power cord length could be longer
- DVD cord doesn’t work
- Has a faint burning smell when turned on for a long time
When it comes to heating a room, infrared heaters are our top choice. They’re capable of heating a room quickly while using less energy. The Heat Storm HS-1500 can heat up to 1,500 sq ft and the best part is, it’ll do it quietly and efficiently.
The HS-1500 comes in an attractive mesh-looking design that’s both eye-catching and functional. The unit features a front panel with buttons for the on/off and temperature control, and an LCD screen with temperature and timer settings and a fan mode.
7. Dyna-Glo 30,000 BTU Liquid Propane Infrared Vent Free Wall Heater
Looking for the best heater out there? If you need to fill up a really big space, the Dyna-Glo 30,000 BTU Liquid Propane Infrared Vent Free Wall Heater could be the perfect option for you. You can either get a big or small version of this product depending on how much space you need to heat. The small version outputs 12,000 BTU and the big version outputs 30,000 BTU. This infrared wall heater uses liquid propane as fuel.
The manufacturer claims that this product can cover up to 2500 square feet of space. It uses infrared heating technology, which is one of the safest methods of heating your home. You can control the temperature via the remote control that comes with the heater. You can also set the temperature, and adjust it if you’re not satisfied with it.
This heater comes with a metal stand to keep it steady on the floor. It’s also fairly easy to install and doesn’t require any expert installation. The Dyna Glo infrared heater easily heats up your room to 70 degrees.
8. Electric Radiator Heater
Looking for a space heater that will keep your large room warm all winter long? Then this is the one for you. The Pelonis electric space heater is your go-to heater for the bedroom, office or just about any room in the house. It’s safe, durable, and conveniently simple to use… it’s the perfect heater for anyone to use.
The Pelonis 1500W heater comes with a thermostat that allows you to program the room to